Friday, June 5, 2009

It's Official!!!!



Well, it happened! The adoption of our son, Quinn, is final! It seems so strange to be some one's mom. I can't imagine ever being without him.



The adoption itself was very short. The Williams family joined us at the courthouse and the morning began as I broke into a cold sweat because our lawyer had not yet arrived with the paperwork. As we waited we watched as several others showed up for their own obviously not so happy cases. Compared to the current company we were keeping in the hall outside the courtrooms, we felt a bit overdressed, content and strangely stable......grateful I guess is the appropriate word here. Plenty of other lawyers were showing up to whisper in corners with their clients about how they should behave and what they shouldn't say in court. Finally when I had decided that it was already too late, and this adoption would never happen (drama, drama drama), our lawyer finally showed (whew).



After it was over, the judge posed for a pic (expertly taken by Melyssa) and we were parents!

Wow, no labor pains, no stretch marks or anything. Our lawyer collected the papers and said "I will be right back with copies of all of these divorce papers for you." WHAT?!?! Did I hear that right? I came into this courtroom to gain a son, not lose a husband!!!!!!!!! Did I just get a divorce by accident? Luckily it was just a slip of the tongue, but I looked over those documents just to make sure. We celebrated Quinn's adoption (and the fact that we weren't divorced) with BBQ ribs and way too much food and cake.

1 comment:

  1. Yea, Mommy!!! I'm so happy for you guys... but mostly happy for Quinn. He's gaining so much in getting you two as parents. Can't wait to meet His Cuteness! Love ya!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete